HOW IT WORKS
Behind the scenes
WP QuickDraw works behind the scenes applying new progressive and responsive rendering technologies to dramatically accelerate the appearance and functionality of your web pages for a greatly improved user experience and significantly higher Google page speed and search rankings. At its core, WP QuickDraw uses the HifiPix Application Programming Interface (API) to quickly generate multiple, optimally-resized versions of larger PNG, JPG and GIF images from your WordPress media library (within the limits of your particular WP QuickDraw plugin tier).
These images are then stored in a WP QuickDraw directory on your WordPress server so they are available when needed. With each user page request, WP QuickDraw then intelligently selects the best images from that directory, starting with an inline HTML Base64 encoding, to deliver a progression of increasingly higher quality renderings optimally responsive to your user’s device, including deferred lazy loading of off-screen images so they are delivered only when the user scrolls to them.
Highly accelerated website rendering using intelligently progressive image delivery
What does this mean for you?
- Initial webpage images are delivered extremely fast so that functional elements, the page layout, your user’s initial impression of each image and their ability to interact with the page is extremely fast.
- Final images are optimized for a each user’s device and are loaded only if the user remains long enough.
- Your page speed ranking is much higher since the initial Base64 HTML encoding means there are no “images” during that initial page load to be detected by search engines. That higher ranking places your pages higher in searches and can even reduce paid search advertising costs.
- You can now load high quality images onto your WordPress website without concerns for user bandwidth limitations since WP QuickDraw will automatically manage image sizing for each webpage request.
- Since WP QuickDraw is just storing images in your WordPress site for later intelligent, responsive rendering it works seamlessly with and leverages the added value of most caching, image optimization and Content Data Network (CDN) plugins.
And so, what does WP QuickDraw Pro Do?
WP QuickDraw Pro is a separate, subscription-based plugin that extends WP QuickDraw by processing larger and more images through the HifiPix API while also adding TrueZoom, QuickClear and Progressive PNG (pPNG™) features (see the descriptions on the WP QuickDraw home page). These special features dramatically enhance your user’s progressive image delivery experience, especially for PNG images used by 75% of all WordPress websites. How? Converting your PNG images to the pPNG format delivers progressively higher resolution images with lossless quality by building on the images already previously delivered – saving total bandwidth, delivering visual quality up to 5x faster than using standard PNG images, and using that progressive building process to to get even higher “on-demand” resolution even faster when your users zoom in.